There are many different types of diving vacations, but one thing they all have in common is that the vacationer will spend a lot of time in the water. The type of experience you have depends on what you want to do when you are not immersed in saltwater.
What Is A Liveaboard?
A liveaboard boat is a boat that can house people, food, and gear for an extended period. A triton bay liveaboard usually offers divers the comforts of being at home while still being able to access some of the world’s most incredible dive sites.
There are 3 main types of boats: a traditional cruising boat, a luxury yacht, or a catamaran. The type you should choose depends on your budget and personal preferences.
Why Choose A Liveaboard Diving Vacation?
If you’re a diver, don’t even have to ask of course it is! Let’s look at some of the benefits that come with choosing a liveaboard dive trip:
- Greater variety of dives
- Fewer total number of dives
- Longer bottom time
- More dive training opportunities
- Better accommodations than what most resorts provide for comparable rates
- Eat as much as you want, whenever you want
- More time with friends and fellow divers
- You can have a boat to yourself if you’ve got deep pockets or travel solo
- The sun rises and sets on your schedule, not the resort’s
- No one hassles you about getting up early for a drive that’s not too interesting
How to Find the Best Liveaboards?
Liveaboard diving is a vacation type that can offer divers all the comforts of home while also providing them with access to some of the world’s most incredible dive sites.
However, it can be difficult to know where to start when trying to find the best liveaboards. Fortunately, there are many guidelines to find one that will best suit your needs. Below are some things to keep in mind when searching for top-notch liveaboards:
- Type and size of liveaboard: The type and size of the boat you choose will vary depending on your preferences.
- Location: The location where you go diving will have a huge impact on the diving conditions and amenities of the liveaboards.
- Price: Liveaboards vary significantly in price depending on their amenities and features.
- Trip duration: The duration of your liveaboard trip will impact the prices and amenities you have access to.
- Diving plan: The diving plan you choose will influence the liveaboard accommodations, amenities, trip duration, and destination.
- Route: Not only should your route affect your choice of liveaboards, but it should also affect your diving schedule.
- Accommodations onboard: The accommodations on the liveaboard can vary significantly depending on where you go and for how long.
- Onboard amenities: While liveaboards may vary in their accommodations, all should offer divers access to some type of onboard amenities.
Liveaboard diving is a type of scuba diving that provides divers with the opportunity to explore some of the world’s best dive sites. These boats typically house people, food, and gear for extended periods, allowing vacationers to live aboard while exploring various destinations in their region. This article has provided you with much information for enjoying your liveaboard diving.